The best feature of Color Street nail stickers is probably that they are 100% nail polish. This means the stickers should be removed easily without requiring professional skills or a complex procedure.
That said, you need to know how to remove Color Street nails properly to achieve the best results in the shortest time.
To help you with this, we have compiled step-by-step guides for three instant methods that take as short as 60 seconds to complete.
How To Remove Color Street Nails
Using warm water
In this method, you first need to prepare supplies including a glass, warm water, nail polish remover, and a plastic bag.
- Step 1: Pour some nail polish remover into the bag. The amount should be enough for soaking your nails.
- Step 2: Pour warm water into the glass until it’s half full.
- Step 3: Carefully put the bag into the water. Don’t let water get in.
- Step 4: Dip your fingertips into the bag. Rub your fingers gently within 30 to 60 seconds to remove the nail polish.
- Step 5: If there is still nail polish on your nails, soak a cotton pad in nail polish remover and wipe off the residue. Then wipe your nails again with a clean cloth or pads.
This method is great for removing Color Street nail polish on an entire hand. It’s easy, quick, and convenient as the only thing you may have to buy is nail polish remover.
To visually see how it’s done, you can watch this tutorial video.
In this method, instead of rubbing your fingers together, you will use sponges. What you need to prepare includes nail polish remover, sponges, a small jar or glass. It’s best to use a jar as you can save it for future uses.
- Step 1: Roll the sponges and put them into the glass so that they fill up the entire space in the glass. Trim the extra sponge if necessary.
- Step 2: Fill the cup with nail polish remover. Make sure the sponges are soaked with the product.
- Step 3: Dip your fingers into the glass, one by one. Move around to rub your nails against the sponges.
Using sponges is perfect when you only want to wipe off one or two fingernails rather than the entire hand at one time.
However, if there are glitters, you will need extra wiping with cotton pads to clean your nails completely.
If you don’t want to make your own sponge nail polish remover, you can buy one, then just dip and twist your finger in it.
Watch the video below to find out what a store-bought nail polish remover looks like.
This is a more traditional method for removing Color Street nails. You need to prepare cap clips for fingertips, cotton tissues, and a nail polish remover.
- Step 1: Cut cotton tissues into small pieces that fit in the cap clips.
- Step 2: Soak them in nail polish remover.
- Step 3: Use the cap clips to press and hold the cotton tissues on your nails for about 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Take the clip off and wipe your nails.
Refer to this video showing how to remove Color Street nails with nail clips.
Cap clips have long been used by consumers and professional artists. It allows for cleaning your nails individually; you can also do other things in the waiting time.
Yet, it’s not exactly great for portability because the cap clips take a certain space in your baggage.
Using gauze pad
Removing Color Street nails with gauze pads is as simple as using cotton pads. To conduct this method, you need to prepare several gauze pads and nail polish remover.
- Step 1: Soak a gauze pad in nail polish remover.
- Step 2: Gently rub the pad on your fingernails to remove the nail polish.
Using gauze pads is extremely effective for removing glitters from your nails. If the nail polish you apply has glitter, you can just skip every other method and go with this one immediately. Here’s a video on how to remove Color Street nails with gauze pads.
Using Color Street remover pads
This method is the simplest and quickest to carry out. All you have to do is buy Color Street remover pads and make sure they are handy when you need to use them.
- Step 1: Each pad is packed in a separate plastic package. Take one out of the box and tear it.
- Step 2: Take the pad out and start rubbing it against your nail until the nail polish is gone.
Color Street remover pads are suitable to use on the go, such as when you travel or go on business trips.
This video on Color Street remover pads will show you how effective they are in removing nail polish.
How To Choose Nail Polish Remover For Color Street Nails
Nail polish removers are either acetone or non-acetone.
Acetone removers are much more popular and produce results faster by absorbing the polish color rapidly.
However, after using an acetone-based formula, you will find your nails extremely dry and turned white. It may have a strong adverse effect on your nails and should not be used often.
Meanwhile, non-acetone removers are tender, colorless, and have a mild smell. They don’t damage your nails as their acetone counterparts do.
The downside is that they take longer to remove nail polish from your nails.
If you choose to go for an acetone nail polish remover, try to reduce the damage it causes to your nails. To do this, you should let it sit for only one minute then wipe it off.
After that, wash your hands with soap in order to strip your nails and skin of acetone residue. Then, apply cuticle oil and leave it on for 15 minutes.
Plus, it helps to stop using nail polish for a couple of days after using acetone on your nails. Give them some time to recover from the session.
How to remove Color Street nails? Overall, you can use cap clips, warm water, or sponges. Depending on the method you choose, it can take between one and five minutes to clean your nails.
It’s worth noting that a nail polish remover is an inevitable part of the process, no matter which method you go for. You should use non-acetone removers as they are tender, hence safer for your nails.