iGlow is the trendy new nail polish brand that people are loving. It can be found at local Dollar Tree stores in 3-piece sets. Given its relatively new stance in the nail realm, however, there are many questions people have about it. One that we get a lot in our emails is, “Does iGlow nail polish glow in the dark?” We will let you know in this article! Keep reading!
Does iGlow Nail Polish Glow in the Dark?
Despite the name “iGlow” implying that it does, this brand of nail polish does not glow in the dark. If you want glow-in-the-dark nail polish, you will have to go consider other brands such as Orly, Sally Hassen,…
In addition, it is also possible to make your own glow-in-the-dark polish at home.
If you are still interested in iGlow despite it not being phosphorescent, our next section briefing through the brand will be useful. Read on!
What is iGlow Nail Polish?
iGlow is a brand of nail polish. It is most easily found at a Dollar Tree store. But you can also get it online from retailer sites. iGlow offers a wide selection of colors, so you can comfortably pick and choose. There are typical ones like blue, green, and pink, and more creative ones like fern, punch, and hazelwood.
What Do People Like About iGlow Nail Polishes?
- They are a good deal. iGlow nail polish is sold in packs of three. Each bottle is 7 ml, so the polish is definitely a bargain. If you are on a budget but still want to have a collection of nail polish colors at home, you will highly appreciate iGlow’s offerings.
- They are not difficult to use. The nail polish comes with a standard built-in brush. It is square and normally sized. Hence, you should have no problem using it.
- They do not require lots of coats. iGlow nail polishes are all formulated to be single- or double-coated. This means you will not quickly use up your bottle, and it is possible to go for a while longer before having to buy a new one.
In addition, it entails that the process of doing your nails is not as lengthy. You can save both time and effort with a bottle of iGlow nail polish. For those with tight schedules but still want to have pretty nails, these are godsends.
How to Get Glow-in-the-Dark Nails?
Option 1: Purchase a Glow-in-the-Dark Nail Polish
Some reliable brands that offer nail polish that glows in the dark are:
- ORLY: This is a Los Angeles brand founded in 1975. It provides an impressive selection of nail color products and nail treatments.
- Claire’s: This is a global brand that is all about self-expression. It shelves stylish jewelry, accessories, piercing services, beauty products, etc. Its nail items include color varnishes, polishes, faux nails, and tools.
- Sally Hansen: This American brand was founded in 1946 by Sally Hansen. Since then, it has become a recognized name, known for providing innovative but affordable items. Its nail product collection includes more than 300 shades!
ORLY – Orly Glow Up Top Effect Nail Polish
This nail polish comes in an 18 ml bottle. It delivers a sheer milky finish, which can be worn over your other nail color. You just need to prep your nails, apply a base coat, and coat your nails with two layers of the Glow Up Top Effect polish for a bright phosphorescent result. Here is what the bottle looks like:
Claire’s – Claire’s Unicorn Glow In The Dark Nail Polish
This is another beautiful phosphorescent nail polish that you can count on. It includes dazzling glitter gleams that shine under any source of light. You can channel your inner sparkle with this!
You can use it by itself or over another coat of nail polish. The bottle is 10 ml and comes with the standard twist cap. There are three key shades: fluorescent pink, blue, and yellow.
Sally Hansen – Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Glow In The Dark Nail Color
Nail painting is fun and unique with this glow-in-the-dark polish from Sally Hansen. You can get party vibes with a single coat. You just need to clean and dry your nails before applying it. There is a built-in brush designed for precision and streak-free application, too!
A bottle is 9.17 ml and formulated with both a base and top coat for long-wearing. You can select from 7 shades: Witch Please, Ghosted, Purple Potion, Squad Ghouls, Creep it Real, Fa-Boo-Lous, and Gourd-Geous.
Option 2: Make Your Own Glow-in-the-Dark Nail Polish
What you will need to prepare:
- A regular nail polish
- Some glow sticks
- A pair of scissors
- Some napkins
What you will need to do:
Step 1: Get some glow sticks
Head to your local store and grab some glow sticks. They look like this:
These are in vibrant neon colors and are bendable. If you go to festivals and concerts often, you may have seen them used as lightsticks and worn as anklets, bracelets, and necklaces.
Step 2: Activate the glow sticks’ phosphorescent power
Once you are back home and ready to start making the nail polish, take the glow sticks and snap them. This activates their phosphorescent power. Inside the stick is essentially glowing liquid.
Step 3: Combine the glow stick’s liquid with your regular nail polish
Now set out your regular nail polish, remembering to uncap it. Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut one end of the glow stick. Hold the stick upright to prevent any liquid from spilling out. You can slip a napkin under your hands to catch spillage, as well.
Tip the stick over and into the uncapped bottle of regular nail polish. The liquid should flow out easily. But if not, you can squeeze the stick to get it all out.
Once you have added the glowing liquid to your polish, cap the bottle and shake it. This ensures that the two are well-combined to deliver the best results.
Step 4: Apply the nail polish and enjoy the glow-in-the-dark effect
Then, you are good to go! Apply the nail polish and turn off the lights to see how they glow. You can make adjustments if you want them to be more glowy.
A few tips to keep in mind:
- Coat your nails with a base of regular nail polish first. It will help the glow layer be more visible and ease removal later. You should use a light neutral color like beige.
- Use more than two coats. Since this is a DY formula, its strength does not compare to commercial-made glow-in-the-dark nail polish. You will probably need to layer three to four coats in order to get a good phosphorescent effect. In between coats, make sure you leave enough drying time.
- Reapply when the effect wanes. The phosphorescence will not last for very long. You will have to reapply the polish when it starts to dim.
When To Wear Glow-in-the-Dark Nails?
Glow-in-the-dark nails can help you make an impressive entrance at festivals and concerts. It is also great for parties, such as those during Halloween. Midnight escapades can also be a suitable occasion. You can flaunt phosphorescent nails at any nighttime event or where the lights are off.
As you have read, the answer to, “Does iGlow nail polish glow in the dark?” is big No. iGlow is an affordable and accessible nail polish brand that you can get. It does offer luminous neons that mimic a glowy effect, but it is not actually phosphorescent.
For glow-in-the-dark nails, you can grab polish from ORLY, Claire’s, and Sally Hansen. You can also make your own with regular nail polish and some glow sticks.
Leave a Reply