Do you think that you can use tanning bed lotion outside? Regarding this question, some say it is possible, while several are quite conspicuous about it. Do not worry, as we will help you find the exact answer!
Tanning lotion is a fantastic product that is gaining in popularity these days. As a result, it is not uncommon to see individuals dying to achieve a tanned appearance.
Indoor and outdoor tanning lotions may give you the golden, beautiful skin tone that only sunlight can provide, each of which has its own unique lotion. Butcan you use tanning bed lotion outside? Let’s discover the response to that question.
How Does Tanning Bed Lotion Work?
UV rays generated in a controlled environment are used in tanning bed lotions or indoor tanning lotions. They keep your skin’s hydration levels and enable your pores to open up further, boosting rather than inhibiting the impacts of UV rays.
In addition, they help accelerate tanning by amplifying UV rays while nourishing and moisturizing the skin.
L-Tyrosineand Melanin are the two active constituents in tanning bed lotions.
- L-tyrosine can assist the body in producing melanin, which aids in the tanning process and may lessen the risk of sunburn.
- Melanin is a crucial molecule because it speeds up skin tanning without exposing it to the sun. It is a natural sunscreen produced by the body in response to sun exposure to offer skin protection.
Skin tanning is the body’s defense system and tanning bed lotion works by fooling the body into creating melanin without direct sunlight contact. So, you can not obtain a decent tan until you increase your body’s melanin synthesis. Copper, green tea, and natural oils are among the other constituents.
Can You Use Tanning Bed Lotion Outside?
Yes, as long as it is used in conjunction with other methods to address the shortcomings of indoor tanning bed lotion.
It is because when you go out, the natural sun generates two types of ultraviolet rays: UVA and UVB. UVA radiation has easily penetrated deep into the skin, causing wrinkles, dark patches, dry skin, and affecting your immune system.
On the other hand, UVB rays harm the top layer of the skin, which becomes browned or burned after prolonged sun exposure. Indeed, these are dangerous rays that can cause skin cancer and damage your eyes.
Tanning bed lotion, however, is applied in a controlled setting using Ultra Violet rays directed towards the tanning bed. The sun protection factor (SPF) is absent in most of these lotions since the inside tanned environment does not necessitate sunburn prevention.
Furthermore, tanning bed lotions have the ability to enhance rather than inhibit UV radiation resulting in a more tanned appearance.
Using indoor tanning bed lotion outside, you will have to cope with the fact that it does not contain sunscreen or waterproof components and may produce an oily and unappealing appearance.
For these reasons,tanning bed lotion should not be used outside.
Does Using Tanning Bed Lotion Outside Bring You Any Benefits?
As we have mentioned above, it is not recommended to use tan bed lotion outside. However, it does not imply that doing so will not bring you any goods.
First, because this product is high in moisturizers, nutrients, and vitamins, it helps replenish moisture, nourish, maintain your skin healthy and not dehydrated, as well as reduce skin dryness when exposed to the sun.
Second, several types of tanning bed lotion contain tan enhancers, which implies that it continues to generate tan after sun exposure.
Last but not least, it contains antibacterial ingredients that remove unpleasant odors caused by sun-reactive tanning bed lotions.
What Tanning Lotion Should You Use Outside?
Outside tanning lotion is the most excellent option if you seek a product that you can apply outside.
As the name implies, this product contains SPF to protect you from the sun. Vitamin C and E, which protect your skin from burning and sun damage, should be found in an excellent outdoor tanning lotion.
Your skin will be protected from inflammation, UV radiation, premature aging, and skin cancer, thanks to the antioxidants.
Because some outdoor tanning products do not contain broad spectrum sunscreen chemicals, so it is preferable to go for a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects you against both UVA and UVB radiation.
Somewhere on a Beach is an excellent pick for various reasons, including the fact that it has dual uses, allowing you to use it both outside and indoors when tanning in a sunbed.
This product has a pleasant tropical aroma and goes silky smooth, providing excellent coverage and leaving your skin soft and smooth.
Advanced Matrixyl Synthe 6, a potent anti-aging peptide that minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, is included in the formula of this lotion.
Also, sea buckthorn berries, coconut, aloe vera leaf, and walnut oils, to mention a few, provide additional fortifying extracts.
In addition to being budget-friendly, the Australian Gold Spray Gel Sunscreen with Instant Bronzer is on par with any top-of-the-line brand that you have tried.
This lotion is a water-resistant, broad-spectrum sunscreen that doubles as a bronzing spray gel. It gives just enough protection from the sun while also giving your skin a gorgeous bronzed shine.
The texture is light but rich, and it provides excellent coverage – simply rub it into your skin, and you will be drenched in the lotion in no time.
The moisturizing properties of the gel-like combination are immediately noticeable.
- Olive fruit oil and sunflower seed oil are among the ingredients that work to nourish and moisturize your skin deeply.
- Kakadu plum together with tea tree oil, both potent antioxidants protecting the skin from free radicals, are also included.
In contrast to many chemical-laden tanning lotions on the market, Bronzo Sensualé is certified organic.
To moisturize and condition the skin for a robust sunbathing session, it combines aloe vera and organic carrot with squalene, allantoin, and shea butter.
You will not get all the advantages of a natural tanning method without any of the drawbacks if you are not a devoted bronzer.
So, Bronzo Sensualé is the ideal balance when you want to utilize the potential of nature but do not have the patience to get a tanning session without assistance.
Is There Any Way Can You Use A Tanning Bed Lotion Outside?
As previously stated, this type of tanning lotion should not be used outside. However, if you do not have an outdoor tanning lotion at hand, here are several tips that may be helpful.
- When you use a sunless tanner outside, it may give you a bronzed glow, yet, it will not protect you from damaging UV rays except if it incorporates sunscreen. As a result, do not forget to apply a layer of sunscreen before applying your tanning lotion, with the sunscreen going on first. You should choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF +30 to guarantee that your skin is well protected from the sun.
- In case you intend to swim at the beach or in a pool, ensure you reapply your sunscreen and tanning lotion afterward since the water may wash them away. Reapply the sunscreen after you are out of the water, even if it is water-resistant.
- You should not use tingle lotions because they include heat-activated ingredients in them. They increase melanin levels and increase blood flow to your skin thanks to the UV rays. If you are not well-protected with an SPF or sunscreen, it may harm your skin.
- Indoor tanning beds might be a little oily and shiny, so you can shower after you have been exposed to the sun.
Is It Possible To Combine Tanning Bed And Outdoor Tanning Lotions When Going Out?
The answer is no. Combining a tanning bed with outdoor tanning lotions is not wise since you will not get decent results.
Because the lotions do not spread uniformly, the mixing procedure can not mix well with the skin, resulting in an inconsistent tan hue and spots all over the body. Besides, adding sunscreen to the mixture may become too much for the skin to handle, and you may end up with oily skin.
You may need to moisturize your skin whether you combine the lotions since tanning can dehydrate the skin due to the heat. Some tanning bed lotions include a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated while tanning, preventing peeling and dryness and extending the life of your tan.
Unfortunately, not all products are created equal, so seek one that has nutrients and vitamins to help maintain your skin hydrated and healthy while also decreasing wrinkles, dry skin, and premature aging.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Use A Tanning Bed Lotion For The Best Result?
- Before tanning, you should shower and exfoliate, which helps get rid of any lotions or other things on the skin that can interfere with the tanning process. Additionally, having smooth skin may aid in achieving streak-free tanning.
- While taking a shower, make sure to remove any products from your skin. To prevent inconsistent coverage from the tanning bed lotion, you should fully dry out the skin.
- Besides, it is good to shave when you are in the shower because it prevents tanning lotion from building up around the hair follicles. Nobody wants a smattering of bronzed scars on their legs. Any area you intend to tan must be free of hair. Otherwise, the tanning bed lotion may linger in your hair follicles, causing uneven tanning and patches of bronzing.
- If you have flowing hair, you can tie it up and put on gloves to help shield the palms when applying the lotion.
- Choose something from the wardrobe that you do not even mind getting ruined because bronzers in most tanning bed products may darken once exposed to UV rays.
- In your hand’s palm, pour a considerable quantity of lotion. Because dry skin absorbs less UV light than moist skin, using too much is preferable to using too little. Then work the way up, starting with the feet.
- Apply the lotion uniformly to the skin. Apply a small amount of cream on your face, around your hairline, around your eyes, and your nostrils. It is mainly the case with bronzers. Begin by applying a tiny amount of your tanning bed lotion and gradually increase the amount.
- Additional cream can be applied to regions of your skin that appear paler than the rest. You always expect to seem tanned naturally, so remember to apply lotion to the neck as well.
Wipe the lotion off your hands’ palms and between the fingers before tanning. Otherwise, lotion can collect between your fingers, leaving them darker than the remainder of your hand, which is unattractive.
- Remain patient when utilizing the tanning bed. To avoid being burned, gradually raise the tanning duration. The bed is set on a clock and may shut off on its own. Unless the base tan seems not dark enough, you may increase the time.
- Before entering the tanning session, do not forget to apply the tanning bed lotion for 20 – 30 minutes.
If you are a newcomer to tanning, let’s start with this video first:
Is It Possible To Apply An Outdoor Tanning Lotion To A Tanning Bed?
The answer is no, of course. The reason is that acrylics are used in tanning beds. Mineral oils from your tanning lotion used outside may build up on the tanning bed and consequently cause cracks in the long run.
The effects of using an outdoor tanning lotion for tanning beds will not appear immediately. Instead, it will take some time to accumulate on the bed.
Also, outdoor tanning lotions are designed to meet the unique requirements of tanning outdoors. They contain SPF to protect your skin while also speeding up the tanning process when you are out in the sun.
So if you use them in a tanning bed, you can not make the most use of them.
“Can you use tanning bed lotion outside?” The answer is yes.
When going out, applying a tanning bed lotion will not entirely block the damaging UV radiation. As a result, you have no protection from the sun when you go outside, which could result in significant skin damage.
Sunburns are unpleasant, and you should never tan to become sunburned. Therefore, it is best to stay away from them as much as you can.
Table of Contents
- How Does Tanning Bed Lotion Work?
- Can You Use Tanning Bed Lotion Outside?
- Does Using Tanning Bed Lotion Outside Bring You Any Benefits?
- What Tanning Lotion Should You Use Outside?
- Is There Any Way Can You Use A Tanning Bed Lotion Outside?
- Is It Possible To Combine Tanning Bed And Outdoor Tanning Lotions When Going Out?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts