If you have used Olaplex 3, have you ever wondered if you can leave it on your hair overnight? This article will help you answer this question.
You have come to the right place if you want to discover the truth. In this article, we will answer the question “Can I leave Olaplex 3 overnight?” and provide you with several tips to make the best use of Olaplex 3.
What Exactly Is Olaplex 3?
Olaplex 3 is the third stage in the Olaplex process, with the first two stages in the hair salon that you use at home to maintain the bonds and improve the condition of your hair.
It contains intensive hair care ingredients, in which the main one is Bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate but in a smaller dosage than No 1 and No 2. This substance aids in the reconstruction and regeneration of the hair’s disulfide bonds, which are damaged following chemical operations such as bleaching or coloring.
Your hair will get stronger and healthier as a result of utilizing Olaplex 3. It may also give your hair a lustrous shine, prevent hair loss, eliminate hair breakage, boost hair strength, and keep hair luster and softness. Besides, it hydrates the hair follicles. So you can use it for all hair types and hairstyles.
Can I Leave Olaplex 3 Overnight?
To tell the truth, you can leave Olaplex 3 overnight. It only takes 30-45 minutes to work on your hair. Moreover, if you leave it for a long time, it will not affect your hair’s health.
On the one hand, many people have tried this method and found it compelling. Their hair becomes more robust and more lustrous.
On the other hand, the manufacturer advises against sleeping in any Olaplex treatments because it could go into your eyes. Furthermore, Olaplex requires damp hair to operate; therefore, keeping your hair wet when sleeping can be difficult. To keep your hair moist, wrap it in a towel and then cover it with a shower cap; however, sleeping with a cap can be uncomfortable.
Generally, if you still want to keep Olaplex 3 on your hair for a long time, it is ideal to do so throughout the day to avoid getting it in your eyes and face.
What Happens If You Leave Olaplex On Too Long?
Fortunately, using Olaplex 3 on a regular basis and for a long time has no severe impact on your hair’s health. Olaplex 3’s maximum efficacy is reached after 30-45 minutes. Therefore, you will not need to put it in for more than 45 minutes because you may receive the same results as when you kept it on for 45 minutes.
Also, the length of time it stays in the hair is controversial. In fact, there is no scientific evidence that longer is better. Yet, some people claim that their hair is smoother and more bouncy after sleeping with Olaplex.
On the other hand, having left Olaplex 3 overnight, some people complain that it merely made their scalp itchy, identical to how it felt after bleaching. Also, sleeping with a shower cap to keep your hair moist is uncomfortable.
As a result, even if no harmful effect occurs, you should consider using Olaplex 3 during the day to avoid inconvenience.
How Frequently Should You Apply Olaplex 3 to Your Hair?
The Olaplex 3 treatment is meant to be used once a week and it is not a problem if you wish to use it more frequently. However, this can vary depending on how damaged your hair has become.
For healthy hair, it is recommended that you shampoo once a week. With each passing week, you will see your hair become smoother and silkier.
Dry Or Damaged Hair
For extremely dry or damaged hair, you can use Olaplex 3 up to three times per week in conjunction with your preferred hydration and protein treatments, as needed, to achieve even better results.
Once your damaged or dry hair adapts to the treatment, you will see it repairing and getting stronger after each use.
How Long Should You Keep Olaplex 3 On Your Hair?
The minimum time for Olaplex 3 treatment is 10 minutes.
The recommended time for Olaplex 3 to stay on your hair is 30 to 45 minutes.
If you think your hair requires more care, you can increase the time each use a little bit more. And do not forget to keep your hair moist when using Olaplex 3.
How To Use Olaplex 3 At Home For The Best Result?
Below are the recommended steps for using Olaplex 3 at home that you should follow:
- You can begin by gently shampooing your hair with your preferred shampoo to remove oil and residue or merely damping your hair before towel-drying it.
- Put a proper amount of towel-dried hair and carefully comb through.
- Allow for at least 10 minutes of resting time. You can keep the Olaplex 3 on your hair for up to 90 minutes or more based on your need.
- Wash in the shower and apply shampoo plus conditioner. The Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner are ideal because both are made with the Olaplex Bond Building technology for the most significant results.
- Finally, you can style your hair as normal. Also, it is recommended to use the Olaplex 6 Bond Smoother, a concentrated leave-in smoothing product that removes frizz, moisturizes, and protects all types of hair.
If you are a newbie to Olaplex 3, you can watch this video to know how to use this product at home for the best results:
How Long Is Olaplex 3 Effective?
This product provides both short- and long-term results. You may notice a difference in the smoothness and manageability of your hair after just one treatment.
- When you use Olaplex 3 frequently, your hair will grow healthier and more robust because its formula repairs broken bonds in each hair strand.
- If your hair was formerly damaged and unhealthy as a result of bleaching and coloring, you might notice that it gradually recovers its natural strength and smoothness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Olaplex 3 If You Have Not Yet Gone Through The First Two Steps At A Hair Salon?
The answer is yes. Even if you have not used Olaplex 1 and 2, which are the first two steps of the Olaplex process for the salon treatment, you can still try Olaplex 3.
It is because the whole Olaplex line contains the same active substance for repairing damaged bonds in your hair.
Olaplex 3 Hair Perfector is designed for at-home maintenance and upkeep. So it functions as a mini treatment when applied alone, without in-salon care.
Does Olaplex 3 make your hair thicker?
Indeed, Olaplex 3 may thicken your hair. This occurs as the product searches for and fixes damaged bonds in your hair tresses, resulting in thicker strands. As a consequence, thicker hair strands always result in thicker hair.
Is It Necessary To Shampoo Your Hair Before Receiving An Olaplex 3 Treatment?
In general, there is no need to wash your hair before using Olaplex 3. However, it is vital to ensure that your hair is moist.
Still, suppose you have a lot of product on your hair. In that case, it is always a great idea to rinse it before your treatment because your hair is filthy or has residue from other products will cause Olaplex 3 not to penetrate and repair it.
Can Olaplex 3 Be Used on Kids?
Fortunately, Olaplex 3 is non-toxic and safe for children, making it ideal for repairing sun and chlorine damage to their hair.
You can try using Olaplex 3 on your kid’s hair twice per month to repair it from all the sun damage, making combing and styling simpler.
- Begin by soaking the hair with a squeeze bottle, then pouring out the product and putting it into the hair.
- You may need a brush to comb the product through the hair, spreading it correctly across the head.
- Detangling should be done in parts, brushing at the bottom and moving up.
- After 10 minutes, wash, shampoo, and then condition as you typically would after a shower.
Finally, the answer to the question “Can I leave Olaplex 3 overnight?” is Yes, you can. However, it depends on the condition of your hair and how you keep it overnight.
Despite this, Olaplex 3 is a fantastic product suitable for all hair types and is simple to apply. It is also applicable to all hair issues and is free of the toxic ingredients found in many other hair care products.
After reading our post, we hope that you will use it to aid you with your at-home hair care treatment.
Table of Contents
- What Exactly Is Olaplex 3?
- Can I Leave Olaplex 3 Overnight?
- What Happens If You Leave Olaplex On Too Long?
- How Frequently Should You Apply Olaplex 3 to Your Hair?
- How Long Should You Keep Olaplex 3 On Your Hair?
- How To Use Olaplex 3 At Home For The Best Result?
- How Long Is Olaplex 3 Effective?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words