People all over the world clamor to get their hair to grow faster. Some struggle with hair loss and balding, meanwhile others simply want faster hair growth so that their mane can reach their hips.
Whatever your reason is for wanting to grow your hair stronger and longer, it’s never a walk in the park to get the job done. It’s quite difficult to command your hair to spew out more hairs—a lot of it has to do with genetics more than anything in our control.
But one of the easiest, most effective, and most technologically advanced ways to grow your hair fast is with laser devices. It’s painless, non-invasive, and super quick, and easy to use.
These red or blue lasers come in different formats, from caps to combs, but they all do the same thing—they stimulate your follicles to grow hair faster and more efficiently. That’s because they release photons that can increase cellular activity and stimulate your hair follicles, giving them more energy to grow hair.
Been wanting to learn more about laser devices and what they can do to solve your hair growth issues? Read on to see the 9 best laser hair growth devices you can buy online.
Our top picks: The best of the best
Don’t have the patience to look through all ten products? Check out our top three picks for different situations and needs. Stay tuned for a more in-depth review of these products later on in this article.
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System – Best for Overall
This iRestore cap is lightweight and comfy to wear as you do your other errands at home. Not only does it encourage longer hair growth, but it also curbs hair fall and balding, making your hair look thicker.
The best part? You don’t have to use it daily! You only need to use it every other day for it to be effective. In six months, you’ll get the maximum results with a thicker, longer head of hair.
HairMax Hair Growth LaserBand 82 ComfortFlex – Best for Speed and Convenience
If you’re looking for the fastest treatment that won’t eat up much of your free time, the HairMax LaserBand 82 is just right for you.
With this headband, it only takes 90 seconds every three days for you to get the long and strong hair you want. And since it’s hands-free, it won’t tire you out or exhaust you as you use it. Do that regularly for six months, and you’ll have hair growing out of your problem areas.
Kiierr272Premier-MD Laser Hair Cap MAX Growth Bundle – Best Value for Money
Having long, luscious, beautiful hair isn’t all about its length—it has to do with whether your locks are nourished with the right vitamins, too. It’s not just a laser device you need. Hair growth is all about adjusting your entire hair care routine, from what shower products you use to the vitamins you take.
This bundle is more affordable than the others on this list but arguably gives you the most value. It comes with a fashionable laser cap but also a shampoo and conditioner rich in zinc and hair-growing botanicals. It also has hair supplements to boost follicle activity and growth.
It takes about six months to get the most impactful results, but some users have seen hair growing back in as little as two weeks.
Five things to consider when buying laser hair growth devices
While all laser devices rely on the technology of light therapy to help you grow hair, they’re not all created equal. Some are better than others in different aspects. Here are several things you should look out for when shopping for the perfect laser hair growth device for you and your needs:
- FDA-approved for your safety: If you’re wary about purchasing an at-home laser device because you’re concerned about safety, look for one that is FDA-approved. This seal of approval means that it’s safe for your skin and overall health.
- Provides product warranty: There’s nothing more frustrating than trusting a hair growth laser device’s promise and having it not work anymore before you even see results. To cover all your bases, make sure your device has a product warranty so that the company can help you replace or repair it should you face technical difficulties while using the laser device.
- Doesn’t take a long time to use per session: Laser devices shouldn’t take up so much of your time for the day just to use. Look for a device that will fit well into your daily schedule without you having to adjust your lifestyle. Devices that take just a few minutes to half an hour to use per day are ideal so you don’t waste so much time.
- Easy and convenient to use: Your laser device doesn’t have to be complicated to be effective. The easier to use, the better. Go for a laser device that won’t take up too much time and effort to install, like caps and combs.
- Portable and rechargeable: It can be a hassle bringing around a bulky laser device with lots of wires to organize and tie up after use. Look for one that is wireless and rechargeable, so that it can be portable. This one is especially important if you travel around a lot.
Detailed Reviews: The 9 Best Laser Hair Growth Device
Don’t know any laser beauty brands? Not sure which laser device to get for your hair-growing needs? We’ve got you covered. Here are the 9 best laser hair growth devices you can use to start flaunting long, thick, luscious locks:
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
Summary box: This hair growth helmet by iRestore uses low-level laser therapy to strengthen your hair follicles and make your tresses thicker and less prone to hair fall. It’s approved by the FDA to be used as a treatment for those with issues with balding and traction alopecia.
The helmet is easy to wear because it’s lightweight, making it very comfortable to keep on even as you do errands or work. Since it’s in a cap format, it provides the best coverage to ensure your entire head is capturing the red light.
Review: You only need to use this cap once for 25 minutes every two days. That makes it super convenient for those with busy schedules since you don’t have to fuss about it daily. In as little as three months, you should see extra hairs growing at least in your hairline.
For the first one or two months of use, you might notice some shedding of weaker, more fragile hairs. This is your scalp letting go of thinner strands so that they can be replaced by thicker and more resilient hair fibers. In six months, you’ll get the full results—thicker, fuller hair with minimal hair loss.
This is how long content creatorDeepa Berar had to wait to see the results, too. “My bald patches finally started filling in,” she said in her 6-month review of the product. “If you look at my old videos, it was all bare, and now it’s all coming back, which I’m so, so incredibly happy about.”
- Uses medical-grade low-level light therapy to make your hair thicker and stronger
- Light and comfortable on the head
- Provides coverage for your entire scalp, so the growth will be even
- Approved by the FDA to treat men and women with balding and alopecia problems
- You’ll experience one or two months of shedding before your hair grows more
Why buy this? If you don’t want to be hassled by a hair growth laser device that must be used every day, this is the laser cap for you. You only need to pick it up and wear it every other day to see great results, so you don’t have to sacrifice a lot of your time to use it efficiently.
HairMax Ultima 12 LaserComb
Summary box: This laser comb is made up of 12 medical-grade lasers to gently stimulate your hair follicles and encourage hair growth. The bristles are designed with patented hair-parting teeth, so it’s easy to brush through your strands.
HairMax claims that this comb can encourage the growth of almost 130 hairs per square inch of your scalp when used regularly for six months. This is way more than enough to reverse any bald spots, making your hair longer and thicker.
Review: Using this comb is quite easy—all you have to do is glide it into your hair for eight minutes every two days. It has a cool-looking timer display on the comb itself to signal when your eight minutes are up.
The device is cordless, so it’s not a hassle to hold up even if eight minutes can be quite a long time for some. That makes it great for travel as well since you don’t have to fuss with long wires.
If you’re patient and wait six months, you’ll find a full head of hair that is thicker and lusher than ever before. But if you’re lucky, you could see hair growth way earlier than that.
YouTuber Tina Tomato, for example, was fortunate enough to see quick results in just a few weeks of using this comb. “I’ve…observed more baby hairs, like these really faint, very light baby hairs below my hairline,” she says after using it for just one month.
- Medical-grade lasers stimulate your hair follicles in a gentle manner
- Reverses hair thinning to make your strands thicker and denser
- Has a timer display to let you know if your eight minutes per day is up
- Cordless so it’s easy to hold up; great for travel too
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- You have to hold it up to your head as you use it because it’s in a comb format
- Eight minutes is a long time to keep holding a device up
Why buy this? If you’re not a big fan of caps because you have a sensitive scalp, you might be more comfortable using a comb-like this one. It takes extra effort to hold it up, but it’s gentler and won’t make your hair feel weighed down. It’s also excellent if you’re traveling but want to continue with your hair growth regimen.
Capillus Ultra Mobile Laser Therapy Cap
Summary box: Built with 82 laser diodes, this Capillus laser therapy cap is excellent not just at growing hair, but preventing further hair loss and balding. Its cap design gives you as much coverage as possible to treat your entire scalp, so you know the light therapy will be distributed evenly across.
Review: This laser cap works slowly but surely, so don’t expect overnight results. In the first 3 months, there may be more shedding than usual. This is your scalp getting rid of those weak and fragile strands to reveal stronger, thicker stands waiting underneath.
In 3-6 months, the shedding will decrease significantly. You’ll also start noticing hair growth in your problem areas, like your temples. Your hair will also feel a bit denser when you touch it with your fingers.
Since it only takes six minutes a day for it to be effective, it’s one of the easiest laser devices you’ll find for hair growth. When using it in the mornings, all you have to do is put it on your head as you drink your morning cup of coffee or cook breakfast.
- Reverses hair loss and thinning to keep your hair thick and full
- You only need to use it for just six minutes a day
- Provides maximum scalp coverage to grow hair in every part of your head
- Lightweight, so it’s never uncomfy when wearing it
- Comes with a long-lasting lithium battery
- Takes over two years to see the best and most impactful results
- Quite expensive compared to other laser hair growth options
Why buy this? If you’re willing to wait a long time to see slow but steady results, this cap will be fantastic for you. You can use it whether you have hereditary baldness or are suffering from hair loss because of a condition.
It’s also excellent for those who can only carve out 5-6 minutes of their day for a laser treatment. And since it’s hands-free, you won’t even realize that it’s on your head for such a small fraction of your day.
HairMax Hair Growth LaserBand 82 ComfortFlex
Summary box: This HairMax laser headband is made with 82 diodes of medical-grade lasers. These lasers emit light technology to energize and stimulate your exhausted hair follicles, encouraging them to grow strong and thick hair. Each session takes just 90 seconds, so it’s quick and stress-free.
Review: Using this headband religiously for just six months shows immense growth. YouTube HotandFlashy noticed how six months of regular use improved hair in her problem areas—her temples.
“The hairs that were there six months ago are now longer,” she says. “And it looks like it’s a little bit filled in along my hairline. I think on both sides [of my head] I definitely can see an improvement.”
It’s super comfortable to wear on your head because the band is designed to be flexible. The teeth are also soft to the touch, so they won’t scratch at your delicate scalp.
Because it doesn’t provide as much coverage as laser caps, you’ll have to move the headband along three sections—the front, middle, and bottom of your scalp—every 30 seconds. It sounds tedious, but it’s actually very fast, so you won’t notice the added effort you have to put in.
But it’s not all bad. Since you have the flexibility to move the headband to different areas of your head, you can potentially reach those hard-to-reach areas like your nape and the front of your hairline.
- Takes just 90 seconds of use, three times a week
- Designed only with medical-grade lasers, not questionable LED lights
- Energizes tired hair follicles to grow more hair
- The band is flexible and has soft teeth for the utmost level of comfort
- Its charging basket doubles as a stand to keep your headband in when not in use
- You have to move the band along in sections
Why buy this? This laser device is probably the fastest one to use on this list. All it takes is 90 seconds per session, which isn’t more than twice or thrice a week. So it’s perfect if you don’t have extra time during your busy day to spend hours using a complicated laser device.
Kiierr272Premier-MD Laser Hair Cap MAX Growth Bundle
Summary box: This hair-growing laser cap is made of 272 diodes to stimulate your hair follicles and encourage healthy growth. Because the cap has a deeper base, it’s suitable for those with bigger or wider heads. It’s excellent for ensuring that even the sides of your head can grow thick hair.
But that’s not all you get in this bundle. It also comes with a shampoo and conditioner infused with zinc, hydrolyzed proteins, and nourishing oils to encourage hair growth as you shower. You’ll also get a bottle of DHT-blocking hair vitamins to curb hair loss and thinning.
Review: This system is great for maintaining a well-rounded hair care routine without depending on a single laser device for hair growth. The cap wears easily on the head because it comes in a wide and comfy size. Meanwhile, the rest of the products are easy to incorporate into your hair care routine.
You only need to wear the cap for 30 minutes per day to see results. Plus, since it’s programmed with sensors, it shuts off automatically once the half-hour mark is up. It also shuts off when the cap falls off of your head accidentally, saving a lot on battery.
While most devices could take months to see noticeable results in your hair growth, this set works extra hard to give you faster results.
Deborah, a happy, certified buyer, shares in her website review how had less hair fall in less than two weeks since starting to use the cap and shower products. “There was very little hair loss noted in my shower and bathroom sink,” she says. And after just six weeks, she noticed her hairline growing, too!
- Complete with hair-growing a shampoo, conditioner, and supplements
- The cap has a deeper, wider base so you can grow hair even on the sides of your head
- Programmed with sensors for automatic shut-off if it falls off your head
- You get a 7-month money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with the set
- Cleared by the FDA for both men and women
- Can be difficult to find in online marketplaces other than the official Kiierr website
Why buy this? You can’t rely just on lasers to grow your hair longer. You need to be more conscious of the rest of your routine too, from your shower products to the vitamins you take. This set is perfect if you want a basic hair regimen that focuses on growth.
You get everything you need to encourage hair growth, from shampoo and conditioner rich in botanicals and activities known to combat hair loss, to oral supplements filled with minerals and extracts to keep your hair healthy and shiny for longer.
Theradome PRO Laser Hair Growth Helmet LH80
Summary box: Theradome prides itself on the unique design of this hair growth helmet. It’s fashioned only with hyper focused laser beams that have a higher wavelength. This allows the lasers to penetrate deeper into your follicles, making them more efficient at encouraging growth.
Review: Unlike most laser devices, this helmet won’t lead to initial shedding as you start using it. It actually has a reverse effect—it stops hair falling in its tracks in the first month. By the fourth month, you’ll see thicker hair. And by the six-month mark, you’ll notice more strands growing in your problem areas.
What’s fantastic is that you’re not required to use this Theradome helmet as often as other hair growth laser devices. You only have to put it on your head for 20 minutes twice a week for it to take effect. Its long-lasting battery allows for up to eight sessions on a full charge. That means a single charge can last you a whole month!
The helmet itself is lightweight and never too heavy, so it’s comfortable to wear on your head even as you perform tasks around the house.
- Designed with hyper focused laser beams to penetrate deeper into your follicles
- No shedding will happen in the first few months
- Minimizes hair loss in just one month, and thickens hair in four months
- Long-lasting battery gives eight 20-minute treatment sessions
- You only have to use it twice a week
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear on your head as you do your tasks
- Has a cooling system for added comfort
- Takes six months before new hair will start to grow
Why buy this? Shedding seems to be quite common when you first start using laser hair growth devices. But if you hate seeing hair fall and want to save yourself the emotional turmoil of hair shedding, this device will be more enjoyable for you. It minimizes hair fall immediately without a shedding stage.
illumiflow 148 Laser Cap and DHT Blocking Vitamins Bundle
Summary box: This laser cap by illumiflow is created with 148 laser diodes, which is way more than the average number of lasers for a cap-style hair growth device. This allows for more coverage, ensuring that hair will grow faster in every area of your scalp.
The high number of diodes in the cap work to reduce 5-Alpha Reductase enzymes in your follicles, which are known to aid in the production of DHT. This stops hair loss at the root, promoting thicker, longer hair.
Review: Using this cap to give yourself laser hair growth treatments is quite low maintenance. You just have to carve out 30 minutes of your day, three days a week, and you’re set to have longer, healthier hair in 4-6 months.
Something interesting about this cap is that it has a built-in cooling mechanism. That means your scalp never feels overly warm and sweaty even if you wear the cap for half an hour. Instead, it provides comfort and coolness.
The DHT-blocking vitamins (also known as Follicle FX) are natural and gluten-free, so they’re great for vegans. The vitamins can aid in the reversal of genetic balding and hair loss, as well as for those suffering from thinning conditions.
- Only needs to be used thrice a week at 30 minutes per session
- The cap has a cooling mechanism to give you extra comfort when you wear it
- DHT-blocking vitamins are natural, vegan, and non-GMO
- Follicle FX can help reverse hereditary balding
- Comes with a free ebook on holistic hair care
- Takes up to six months to see the first signs of good results
- The cap’s design is a tad too big, so it’s easy to lose balance and fall off your head
Why buy this? This is a terrific bundle for vegans and those who love natural products and are looking for hair growth supplements to lengthen and thicken up their locks. It’s also excellent for those struggling with hereditary balding and hair loss, since Follicle FX works wonders at reversing it.
Anyone looking to learn more about holistic hair care will also appreciate the free ebook this bundle comes with. You get to learn more about an innovative approach to pampering your hair as you sit back and relax while the laser cap stimulates hair growth.
iGrow Laser Hair Growth Helmet
Summary box: iGrow designed this laser helmet with low-level laser technology that can gently stimulate your hair follicles to promote more growth. It also rejuvenates your skin cells on the scalp, making it healthier and more capable of growing thick, healthy hair.
It also has built-in headphones so you can listen to music or watch shows and movies while you use the cap. These headphones are adjustable, making them useful for any head size.
Review: This laser helmet is relatively more comfortable to wear than others. It’s designed to have something of a “floating” mechanism, so it doesn’t directly touch your scalp.
To see the most impactful results, you must use this device every other day for 25 minutes in each session. It would be a good practice to carve out this half-hour and spend it relaxing with music in the background as you pamper your hair and scalp for a while.
The only thing that can get a bit uncomfortable is the fact that you have to deal with many wires while wearing this cap. It doesn’t run on a rechargeable battery, so you always have to keep it plugged in while in use.
- Uses gentle, low-level laser technology to stimulate hair follicles and rejuvenate skin cells
- The helmet doesn’t touch your scalp directly, so it’s not uncomfortable
- Has built-in headphones for music or TV
- The headphones are adjustable, so they can fit any head size
- The brand offers a 6-month money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with it
- FDA-approved and clinically proven to work on both men and women
- Not rechargeable; always has to be plugged in while using
- You must use it for half an hour every other day
Why buy this? This is a terrific buy if you plan on kicking back and listening to music or watching some Netflix while you wear your laser cap. The headphones are a unique touch to this laser helmet, adding to the relaxing feeling of getting a hair treatment.
LESCOLTON Hair Growth System
Summary box: This laser helmet is made up of 50 LED lights that have a wavelength of 650nm. This allows the laser light to penetrate deep into the hair follicle, waking it up from the very root. This promotes better blood circulation and cellular activity, helping it grow healthy hair faster.
Review: What makes this hair growth system such a winner is that you can choose between four working modes depending on your hair’s top concern. There’s a mode for severe hair loss, post-partum hair loss, male-pattern baldness, and hair thinning in the middle of the scalp.
With these modes, you can be more purposeful with your laser treatments and what exactly you’re trying to achieve.
One happy reviewer in her 60s gushes about this product and how fast it worked for her. “The first thing I noticed was less hair in my hairbrush,” she says, just two months after consistent use of the LESCOLTON system. “Now I can definitely see my original hairline coming back.”
- Utilizes the latest laser technology to promote healthy blood circulation in the scalp
- Has four different working modes depending on your hair needs
- Shuts down automatically after your 25-minute session
- Has intelligent sensors that will shut the system off if it falls from your head
- See results in as fast as just two months
- Only has 56 diodes, which is fewer than in most laser devices
Why buy this? This system is beneficial if you have a very specific hair problem you want to target. Its four modes can be useful if you want to address hair loss in a certain part of your head, whether it is in the middle of your head or follows the usual male-pattern baldness.
What is the science behind laser hair growth?
Using laser treatments for hair growth sounds intimidating, but how it works is actually quite simple. Laser devices emit light therapy that disperses photons in your scalp and hair. Your hair follicles absorb these photons, which help them become stronger, allowing them to grow more healthy hair.
Lasers also promote the release of nitric oxide, which boosts your blood flow and circulation. Since good circulation spreads nutrients throughout your scalp, your roots will have enough nourishment to grow thick, healthy, shiny hair.
The long and short of it is that laser technology wakes up and re-energizes your hair follicles, giving them more power to grow hair fast. It also blocks DHT hormones, which causes hair loss.
What should be noted when using laser hair growth?
The most important thing to remember when working with laser devices is that they won’t work overnight.
It works slowly but surely so you can get permanent results, not something easy come and easy go. Nourishing and activating your roots and follicles take time, so it could take a couple of months for you to see growth.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you should only keep your caps and combs on your head for the instructed amount of time. If you keep it on your head for hours instead of the few minutes it takes to be effective, you could drain the device’s battery and even irritate your scalp if it’s very sensitive.
Is using a laser growth device safe?
Yes, laser devices for hair growth are generally safe. A research study found that low-level laser therapy is safe and recommended even for those with tough hair loss conditions such as male and female pattern hair loss, alopecia areata, and chemotherapy-induced alopecia.
They’re also a much more attractive option than surgery and oral medication because they’re non-invasive. The only risk you take is the possibility of the device not working for you.
They rarely have any side effects on the scalp and skin. These include slight tingling, inflammation, redness, and itching, but these only occur if you don’t follow the directions of your specific device. You’re more likely to see these side effects if you have a particularly sensitive skin condition on your scalp.
Who can use laser hair growth devices?
Generally, any adult can use a laser hair growth device so long as they’re not taking any photosensitive medications. It would also be good for pregnant women to take precautions about using these devices.
If you have sensitive skin and are wary about using a laser device, the best thing to do is to consult with your trusted doctor to help you assess whether you can use it.
What type of laser growth device is for you?
It all depends on your lifestyle. If you’re very busy and run around the house all day, you should go for a laser cap that you can wear as you do your errands. If you like taking time to actively pamper your hair, go for a comb or headband.
It’s been weeks—why isn’t my hair growing yet?
When using laser hair growth products, you have to manage your expectations about how fast they’re going to work. You won’t have super long hair overnight as these things take time.
Give your laser hair growth device at least a couple of months to give you noticeable results. Even if you don’t see massive hair growth right away, know that the laser is working slowly but surely to encourage optimal growth in your follicles.
How else can I speed up hair growth while using my laser device?
Obviously, you can’t just rely on a laser device to make your hair grow faster. If your hair isn’t nourished the right way, even the best and most expensive laser device won’t be as effective.
You have to do a few extra things to care for your hair too to help speed up the process of growing long, thick, shiny hair. These include:
- Give yourself scalp massages with hair-growing oils, like Jamaican black castor oil or rosemary essential oil.
- Increase your protein intake in your food choices to thicken up your hair. Whip up extra eggs for breakfast and eat more lean meats and dairy.
- Take supplements like vitamins E and C, omega fatty acids, and caffeine-infused products.
- Don’t heat-style your hair every day, as this causes tension with all the tugging and pulling, leading to even more hair loss.
- Avoid shampooing your hair every day. This will dry out your hair, and your locks need moisture to grow faster.
- Try hair growth medication, like Minoxidil.
Of course, before doing any of the steps above, make sure you consult with your doctor first to see if it’s recommended for you.
Long, thick hair might always be the standard for healthy and beautiful hair. The problem is that it’s not always easy promoting hair growth. So if you find that essential oils and hair growth supplements don’t work for you, try out any of the laser hair growth devices above.
Sure, laser devices aren’t the fastest way to grow hair, but they’re very effective all the same. The science behind laser hair growth is very promising, and with even more research in the next few years, there may be more laser innovations to help you grow the longest, thickest mane possible.
So what are you waiting for? Give your hair a treat and grow it to the length you desire with a trust laser device. You can’t go wrong with any of the ones listed above, so add it to your cart on your next beauty shopping spree!
Table of Contents
- Our top picks: The best of the best
- Five things to consider when buying laser hair growth devices
- Detailed Reviews: The 9 Best Laser Hair Growth Device
- iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
- HairMax Ultima 12 LaserComb
- Capillus Ultra Mobile Laser Therapy Cap
- HairMax Hair Growth LaserBand 82 ComfortFlex
- Kiierr272Premier-MD Laser Hair Cap MAX Growth Bundle
- Theradome PRO Laser Hair Growth Helmet LH80
- illumiflow 148 Laser Cap and DHT Blocking Vitamins Bundle
- iGrow Laser Hair Growth Helmet
- LESCOLTON Hair Growth System
- What is the science behind laser hair growth?
- What should be noted when using laser hair growth?
- Is using a laser growth device safe?
- Who can use laser hair growth devices?
- What type of laser growth device is for you?
- It’s been weeks—why isn’t my hair growing yet?
- How else can I speed up hair growth while using my laser device?